Skip To Content

You are here:  Resources > Offices - Departments > Buildings and Grounds > Buildings

Built in the early 1920s, Dominican University’s original buildings were designed using collegiate gothic architecture.  Subsequent buildings continue with the tradition of gabled roofs and stone facades.

Lewis Hall

Main Administrative & Academic Building

Built: 1932

Square feet: 81,924

Lewis Hall is a four story structure with a basement and provides faculty offices, classrooms and class laboratory facilities. The Information Technology Center and Security Office are also located in this building’s basement.

Fine Arts Building

Academic and Performing Arts Center

Built: 1950

Sqare feet: 73,436

The Fine Arts Building is a four story building which contains an 1183 seat auditorium and a 215 seat recital hall. The building also contains music practice rooms, the fashion studio, classrooms and faculty offices.

Parmer Hall

Academic

Built: 2007

Square feet: 124,000

This building was built with an environmentally friendly design that fulfills LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) criteria.  It contains classrooms, faculty offices and laboratories.

Rebecca Crown Library

Built: 1969

Square feet: 73,582

The Rebecca Crown Memorial Library is a three story structure and the main library on campus. It contains group study rooms, classrooms and computer/audio/visual facilities.

Magnus Arts Center

Built: 1922

Square feet: 24,344

The Magnus Arts Center is one of the original buildings on campus.  The three story building contains the McGill Center, art laboratories, a ceramics studio, and a dance studio.

Couglin Hall

Residence Hall

Built: 1960

Square feet: 42,466

Mother Samuel Coughlin Hall is a three story residence hall with a basement which contains the Student Involvement offices and the Wellness Center.

Power Hall

Residence Hall

Built: 1920

Square feet: 90,276

Mother Emily Power Hall is a four story residence hall. 
The first floor is used for offices.
         

Centennial Hall

Residence Hall

Built: 2004

Square feet: 49,588

Centennial Hall is a four story residence hall.

Built: 1925

Square feet: 27,815

Father Samuel Mazzuchelli Hall consists of the Dining Hall and the Social Hall on the first floor and the Rosary Chapel and Noonan Reading Room on the second floor.

Gymnasium

Built: 1988

Square feet: 30,326

The building consists of the Gymnasium and Collins Running Track. The basement contains locker rooms, a racquetball court, the fitness center and an athletic trainer’s facility.

This building is a four story parking structure that also utilizes the roof for parking.  It contains 550 parking spaces.

Contains Aquinas Residence Hall, School of Social Work, Goedert Center & English Language Studies (ELS)