The computer is now an item needed in all areas of activity. But employees are not always able to deal with some subtleties. If you often hear the phrases: “Yesterday this icon was in place” or “I didn’t do anything at all, it disappeared myself” - you should turn to specialists like VironIT for help.
So, what services does IT outsourcing include:
- Control over all computers in your company;
- The solution to problems encountered with the equipment;
- Preventive work;
- Development of optimal solutions to emerging issues.
Types of IT Outsourcing
Let's talk about the most common types.
Computer service. This service is in demand among the vast majority of customers. Employees of companies use computer technology at different levels, but if we talk about the technical aspect, the level is only amateur. Therefore, it will be much more efficient and reliable to transfer sophisticated equipment to outsourcers for service.
Server maintenance work. If you have a database, then you need a server. And he requires a special attitude. Therefore, in this part, trust the professionals.
Design and installation of networks. Do not burden this staff, as the direction is very specific. It is easier to draw up a technical task and conclude a contract with professionals in their field.
Site administration services. Any company now has its own website . After all, business is developing, something is changing. Therefore, all the necessary information for customers is easier to place on this page. But you must admit that someone should update the site. If you have an employee with basic web programming skills, then there will be no difficulties. But if there is no such specialist, outsource this part of the work.
We pass to IT outsourcing
Consider the basic steps.
Step 1. Decide on the form of outsourcing.
So, decide what you would like to outsource. You can consult with specialists of partner companies on this issue, as well as familiarize yourself with the pricing policy.
Step 2. Choose a partner company.
Be guided by the territorial principle of the company, as well as the long-term agreements.
Step 3. Develop the terms of the contract.
Settle payment clauses, all processes that will be supervised by external specialists, all situations that can be foreseen.
Step 4. We sign the contract.
Put your signature, stamp and control the implementation of the contract.
Step 5. We control the processes.
- Regularly check reports on work that has been done;
- Participate in a discussion of interim results;
- Establish a connection between the staff of your company and the outsourcer;
- Identify all errors.
Choosing an outsourcing company: what to focus on when choosing
If the choice is unsuccessful, problems cannot be avoided. And the minimum that threatens you with making the wrong decision is a misunderstanding between you and the specialist from the outside. Maximum - failures in your company.
How to make a choice correctly, we will prompt:
- Pay attention to the experience of the company. Beginners often have low prices, but the quality of services is appropriate. If the company has been operating for several years, this indicates the presence of experience in various situations.
- Study the company’s website. The site is the face of the company. Pay attention to how informative and understandable it is. Also, reputable companies usually place on their website service calculators and customer feedback forms.
- Check out the list of company partners. Usually it is posted on the site. If it has well-known companies in your city or region, this is a big plus.
- Read customer reviews. Of course, you shouldn’t completely rely on them, but they are suitable for creating a general impression.
How to avoid making mistakes when switching to outsourcing: simple recommendations
It is clear that it is simply impossible to take into account everything. We suggest considering some of the most common mistakes.
- Staff reduction ahead of time.
A common mistake made by a manager. The transition to outsourcing and the adoption of a new format of work should be gradual. If the changes happen dramatically, this will negatively affect the quality of work. Therefore, do not rush to reduce staff; you may need some employees in the new format of activity.
- Lack of clear deadlines.
Timing of work must be strictly agreed. And it doesn’t matter what it is about: reporting, or setting up computer networks.
- The contract does not spell out the degree of responsibility of each of the parties.
To collaborate effectively, this item must be identified. This will make the process productive initially.
- The pros and cons of the transition are not calculated.
This is a very important point. You need to carefully analyze all the activities of your company before deciding on the transition. If your goal is only to reduce costs, then outsourcing is better to refuse.
Despite the fact that outsourcing has undoubted advantages, there are certain risks when switching to it. We talked about some of them today. This is a violation of confidentiality, and generally a leak of information not intended for unauthorized persons. But besides this, there are others. We’ll talk about them.
Low quality of services. Outsourcing is a fairly new phenomenon for our country. Therefore, the risks of receiving losses from the customer are great, because he does not always have the opportunity to assess the professionalism of the contractor. An outsourcer can pretend to be just a genius, but in practice, show the result that a university student could achieve.
Therefore, at first it is better to conclude a contract, and only then talk about a long-term contract.
The emergence of dependence on third-party performers. In outsourcing, you need to feel the boundaries. There is a risk of getting carried away with it so that you become completely dependent on the outsourcer.
Do not forget that he can go broke and a process that seemed debugged will certainly fail. You have to look for another artist, and this is not only a waste of time, but also money.
Dear readers! Today we told you what outsourcing is, who needs it and why. We hope that this article will bring you not only theoretical, but also practical benefits.