Welcome to the Teacher Education Program Application Process
The following criteria need to be met for acceptance:
1. Achieve a C or better in your first education class at Dominican or in transfer
2. Achieve a cumulative GPA of at least 2.75
3. Meet ISBE test score requirements
Pass the Illinois Test of Academic Proficiency (TAP) or meet the following ACT/SAT score requirements. To learn about ACT/SAT submissions click here.
- Prior to 9/1/15 - Composite score of 22 or higher and a minimum score of 19 on the Combined English/Writing portion
- 9/1/15 to 9/9/16 - Composite score of 22 or higher and a minimum score of 16 on the Writing portion
- 9/10/16 and later - Composite score of 22 or higher and a minimum score of 6 on the Writing portion
- Prior to 3/5/16 - Composite score of 1030 (critical writing + mathematics = 1030 or higher) and a minimum score of 450 on writing
- 3/5/16 and later - Composite score of 1110 (evidence-based reading and writing + mathematics = 1110 or higher) and a minimum score of 26 on writing and language
Note: ISBE will no longer require educators to have a passing writing score and a passing composite score on the same ACT or SAT score report.
Click here for more information.
4. A clear finger print and background check is required. All candidates must complete the Chicago Public School (CPS) Registration form, which includes finger printing and background checks. Please follow the steps outlined in the CPS Field Experience Guide.
The CPS Field Experience Registration requests the following information:
Field Placement Coordinator Name: Bridget Burns
Field Placement Coordinator Contact Number: (708) 524-6806
Field Placement Coordinator E-mail Address: email@example.com
Name of CPS Placement School: Unknown
You will receive an email Approval Notice from CPS. Please save that email and know that when you do field experience at a CPS school, you may need to show your Approval Notice to the school. Please upload a screenshot of the CPS Approval Notice at the spot indicated on the online application. If you have any questions about your application, please email Monica Halloran at firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow the steps below required for the application to the Teacher Education Program:
1. Click here to set up a licensure account (ELIS) at the Illinois State Board of Education website to obtain an Illinois Educator Identification Number (IEIN).
You need to obtain a copy of the test page from your licensure account; this must show that you have passed the TAP or that your ACT or SAT
was accepted by ISBE. Check your ELIS account to verify your ACT/SAT score report has been accepted in lieu of the TAP. Please upload a
screenshot of this page as indicated in your online application.
2. Complete the Teacher Education Program Online Application. When you are finished with the application, a confirmation will be sent to your email for your records.
3. After receiving notification of your acceptance into TEP, you should complete a Declaration of Major form which can be obtained from the Undergraduate Advising Office or here.
Students may register for or take no more than three professional education courses (including EDUC 200 or equivalent course) until they have been formally accepted into the TEP.