Welcome to the Teacher Education Program Application Process
Admission to the Teacher Education Program
The following criteria are required for acceptance:
1. Achieve a C- or better in your first education class at Dominican or in transfer (this will change to a C or better with the beginning of the spring 2018 semester).
2. Achieve a cumulative GPA of at least 2.75.
3. A clear finger print and background check is required. All candidates must complete the Chicago Public School (CPS) Registration form, which includes finger printing and background checks. Please follow the steps outlined in the CPS Field Experience Guide.
The CPS Field Experience Registration requests the following information:
Field Placement Coordinator Name: Bridget Burns
Field Placement Coordinator Contact Number: (708) 524-6806
Field Placement Coordinator E-mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Name of CPS Placement School: Unknown
You will receive an email Approval Notice from CPS. Please save that email and know that when you do field experience at a CPS school, you may need to show your Approval Notice to the school. Please also upload a screenshot of the CPS Approval Notice at the spot indicated on the online application. If you have any questions about your application, please email Monica Halloran at email@example.com.
Follow the steps below which are required for the application to the Teacher Education Program:
1. Click here to set up a licensure account (ELIS) at the Illinois State Board of Education website to obtain an Illinois Educator Identification Number (IEIN).
2. Complete the Teacher Education Program Online Application. When you are finished with the application, a confirmation will be sent to your email for your records.
3. After receiving notification of your acceptance into the TEP, you should complete a Declaration of Major form which can be obtained from the Student Success and Engagement Office or here.