Career Development helps Dominican University students and alumnae/i clarify and attain their career goals. By working collaboratively with faculty, we can better achieve this goal.
Student and alumnae/i career development concerns can usually be divided into three specific areas: career advising, internships and employment or graduate school admission. You may refer students to our office to receive assistance with any of these career-related concerns.
- Choosing a major
- Using career assessments to clarify career options and evaluate interests and strengths
- Discussing resumes, internships, job search strategies and interviewing
- Guiding students and alumnae/i through career transition
- Assisting students in obtaining internships and obtaining academic credit
- Utilizing online resources related to internship opportunities
- Communicating current available internship opportunities and employer sites
- Download forms here: Internship application and evaluation.
Employment or Graduate School Admission
- Using career/job fairs in a job search
- Negotiating salaries
- Utilizing online resources related to employment opportunities
- Participating in employer information sessions or on-campus recruiting
- Discussing graduate school and admission requirements
To refer a student to our office, please call us at 708-524-6786 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.