Did You Know????
1 ton of non recycled printing and office paper uses approximately 24 trees.
A “pallet” of copier paper (20#) contains 40 cartons and weighs 1 ton.
· 1 carton (10 reams) of 100% non recycled paper uses approximately 60 % of one tree.
· 1 tree makes approximately 16.67 reams of copy paper or 8,333.3 sheets.
· 1 ream (500 sheets) uses 6% of a tree
Approximately how many trees are saved by using recycled paper?
· 1 ton (40 cartons) of 30% post consumer content copier paper saves approximately 7.2 trees.
· 1 ton of 50% postconsumer content copier paper saves 12 trees.
What can we do, to become more “Green”?
Use your computer to eliminate paper:
· Use email instead of writing memos and sending faxes
· Print forms and memos directly from the computer instead of using pre-printed forms.
§ All Office Services forms can be found on our webpage on the myDU resources page.
§ Fill out and attach along with document needing duplication and send to firstname.lastname@example.org
Review distribution lists frequently:
· Eliminate outdated or unnecessary contacts
· Consider reducing the amount of department-wide handouts your department receives.
· Avoid excess printing orders.
· Ask for re-usable intercampus envelopes
· Use double sided printing and copying whenever possible
· Consolidate printouts to fewer sheets by reducing image and font sizes
· Use half-sheets for short memos or handouts
· Use blank sides of unneeded single-sided copies for printing drafts
· Use scanning capabilities on copiers (send function)